Kwarts Publishers and ‘Books & Everything’ are teaming up to spread a little holiday cheer! We are putting together an anthology of new stories that reflect the happiness of the holiday season. And all to assist the World Literacy Foundation. We invite writers from near and far to submit short fiction that is funny or fun, or will just put a smile on the reader’s face. The stories should be between 2,500 and 5,000 words, and you need to be able to answer ‘yes’ to the following question, “Would you want your Grandma and youngest daughter to read your story?”.
In line with the core of ‘Books & Everything’, we want this to be an international collaboration of creativity and encourage writers from all over the world to participate. Unfortunately, however, we can only accept submissions in English. Because we are raising funds for the World Literacy Foundation, we won’t be able to pay anyone but we would love to add some blurb at the end of each story – just to make sure that every reader knows exactly who wrote the story, and what else they may have written.
And what will the finished book look like? We are going to get the e-book onto Amazon and print copies will be available for order. We will be marketing the book extensively through both the Kwarts and the ‘Books & Everything’ networks, using a FB page as a central point. AND the World Literacy Foundation will be marketing the book through their extensive social media channels!
- Entry is free and anyone can enter. Entries are limited to one per person and we will only accept entries written in English. We reserve the right to edit all entries received.
- - All entries must be sent to us digitally. Hand-written entries will not be accepted.
- Submissions should be between 2,500 and 5,000 words – the total number of words must accompany your submission.
- We will not accept any entries that do not comply with our submission guidelines.
- Each entry must be accompanied by your name and surname, email address.
- The closing date for submission is 6th October 2017.
- The selection of the stories will be final and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- We reserve the right to publish extracts of the entries received on our facebook page, website and other publishing platforms.
- Please note, this is not a competition and there are no prizes.
Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org,za with your full contact details, including a photograph and short bio of yourself.
For further information contact:
Anita Stander at email@example.com
Andrew Christie at firstname.lastname@example.org